Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tisket-A-Tasket...It's an apple basket




Here's what I was working on yesterday. I had some old, vinyl placemats that I only had 3 left of and rather than throwing them out, I was wondering what I could do with them. Finally the idea came to me that I could make the old vinyl into a liner for a cute little storage 'box' by cutting around worn areas and saving the usable remnants. The outside was made of fabric from another project and the vinyl on the inside acts as a wipeable liner. I inserted cardboard in the bottom for shaping. All in all, I think it turned out ok. The perfect size for storing the lunch sized apples I keep in the fridge for the kids.
It occured to me that this little pattern might be utilized for other storage uses, that it could be made into magazine storage or for the loose crayons all over my counters...the possibilities are limitless!!

Soon I'll post a tutorial on this one, I'm positive I'm not the only one that has an old vinyl placemat or ripped table-cloth begging to be used, lol! Let me know what you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails