Friday, September 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch: Hand-crafted Sculpted Soaps



Can you feel it? The nip in the air that spells out the coming of fall? Yep, that first snappy night is a message to me, an indication that I need to get cracking on my fall inspired soaps!! Since cold processed soaps need a bit over a month to 'cure', I figured now's that time to get my ideas for this fall underway.

Two weeks ago, I made my Ultimate Pumpkin Patch soaps. These beauties were made from olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, soybean and almond oils; lye and water. Pumpkin Spice Cake scent (fantastic!!) was added along with paprika and allspice for coloring and texture.

After the cooking process, I made sure this smooth 'batter' was hand-friendly. After the a-ok, I formed them into balls. Next I took a bamboo stick and started making them into pumpkins. Each one is unique, just as in nature, and sport a cute little stem.


These sweeties will be prominently displayed in my Etsy Shop come the first week of October, just in time for the spicy fall season!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails