Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gettin' Stitchy



I was lucky enough to get a week long visit from my parents recently, they live a good 15 hrs away, so these visits don't come often. But when they do, we all have alot of fun and sometimes get creative. Mom saw the blanket project we have been working on and agreed with me that some embrodiery would be fun.


So a trip into town was in order, since we needed a few more sweaters, we visited a 2nd hand store to find some more goodies and there we found a small embrodiery hoop that would fit the 6" squares. There we also found remnants from a few cross-stitch projects and loose sport weight yarn. Wow! we found what we needed for a fraction of the cost in the fabric/craft store!


We took all the treasures back home and Mom set to work. I'm not nearly as experienced at this as her, so I got to learn several new stitch techniques while she whipped up several flower, lettered, and applique numbers. The best one I did was the cute mom/baby turtle square.

I'm begining to think that this is going to be the coolest blanket ever. And not only because it will look neat, but because we have 3 generations of women working on it! ; )

As always, thanks for viewing. May you be inspired to get stitchy!!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails