Friday, September 4, 2009

The Eye Pillow





Mmmm...to thine tired eyes, you are such a blessing....

I was searching and searching for something unique to send my sister for her birthday this year. Generally I'll put something together from the bead shop, or consider her yoga/running routine, but I wanted this year to be different.

After receiving my grandmothers vintage sewing machine (wooden desk included) I've been playing with new patterns and fabrics. Then it dawned on me that I could make something with this machine and my sister could benefit from my new found passion.

The eye pillow was born, made from dried lavender, lentil beans and pinto beans. I created an inner casing for the pillow components and a colorful, washable cover. Then I figured it would be nice to have something to house the eye pillow in, no dust bunnies here! I looked around and found a pair of super soft khaki pants I had destroyed at my day job. They were perfectly fine for making a super cool cover though. So I made a fabric 'envelope' for the pillow, flower applique and all. It really rocked!! The one witht he green/brown/grey flower was sent to my sister.

I of course couldn't stop at one, so I have more listed on etsy! ; ) There's lavender, chamomile/lavender/rose and rose scented pillows available right now.

I do believe that her mantra will be more of the tune of 'inhale...mmmmmm....inhale...mmmm.

Sugar Pine Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails